Friday, February 10, 2012

Blog Tagged Game

So I was tagged by my dear friend Stacia Hamidi for the Tagged game back in February (notice the date above!) and I finally got a chance to complete it. So here it goes!

The Rules: You must post the rules. Post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged. Tag eleven people and link them on your post or let them know you've tagged them!

Eleven Facts About Me: Warning...TMI and information overload alert, read at your own risk!

1. I don't have any specific hobbies. I have tried many things and like doing them. However, I can't justify doing them for long periods of time or justify paying lots of money to do them. Just a few examples to prove my point. Fishing (worked for an excuse to get to know my husband;o) I lured him in!) as much as I wish I shared this pasttime with my hubby, I just can't do it for hours and hours on end. Skiing, (you are knodding your head at me, especially since I am from Colorado) this is a very expensive hobby, as much as I love doing it, I can't justify doing it more than once a year. I am sadly not a fan of quilting, sewing, crocheting (tried it), knitting (tried it), and scrapbooking (tried it). Tried it, meaning; I invested a lot of time, money, and effort and it didn't stick with me.

2. I am an obsessed pre-planner whether it be birthday parties, church events, meetings, family or friend get togethers. I like to pre-plan and then go with the flow. (Hey, maybe I could pin party planning as a hobby!?)

3. I discovered after having my son, I don't have the personality to be a stay-at-home Mommy (I promise I am not heartless, so please don't judge). I tried it for my maternity leave for 11 weeks. And I was so excited to get back to work. I am way too social. I admire all those wonderful women that are able and can, it isn't an easy job by far. Plus, we have been blessed with a wonderful daycare and the owners/directors of our daycare are also our neighbors, so I count my blessings and don't take for granted the awesome daycare that Logan goes to and loves.

4. I am Italian and that being said I have had a lot of laser work done to get rid of the hairy evidence of my genes. And I highly recommend it for anyone that may have the same issues. It is worth every painless penny spent!

5. I am madly in love with my husband. He makes me feel so loved and so blessed to have found such a man to love me unconditionally and he truly is my best friend. I feel so unworthy to have him, but I count him in as God's amazing blessings and gifts, so I wouldn't ever dream of giving him back.

6. I am a firm believer in Chiropractors with Wellness endorsements. Proof of such things, our Chiropractor/Wellness Dr. has helped my husband to get completely off of his Type II Diabetic/Thyroid/Blood Pressure Meds. God has blessed us with an amazing human body to be capable to heal itself if given the proper nutrition and nutrients.

7. I love food and I am horrible at dieting. My husband and I have made lifestyle changes (we drink a lot of water, juice veggies and fruits with our juicer, eating more veggies/fruits, take Juice Plus+ as our daily supplement, substitute whole wheat pasta, brown rice, & whole wheat flour to all receipe's) and hope to help Logan in his early stages implement these on to our son (he takes Juice Plus+ chewables...and love's them!) so he won't know any different.

8. I have been tall my whole life...and have found out I have been taking it for granted. I can get away with being a bigger weight and people actually are shocked when I reveal how much I actually weigh. Doctors, Nurses, and friends actually are shocked and I quote, "I would have never guessed that was your actual weight" Plus, I hate wearing high heels or platforms so I guess that worked in my favor as well;o)

9. I am a gentle giant by nature until someone is mean to a close friend or family member then my "Mommy claws" show. I have defensive tendencies and end up standing up for my loved ones a lot. Turning the other cheek when it comes to instances like these, is something that does NOT come naturally to me. I have credited the Holy Spirit to have had a huge help in certain instances in my life.

10. I have no cavaties, at the age of 30 almost 31. I blame my Dad's great teeth genes. He is 53 and has no cavaties as well. I love going to the Dentist and enjoyed wearing braces. Major Nerd alert!

11. I am a great conversationalist and have gotten compliments on my story telling abilities. If you ever need a traveling buddy to ride with while going on a long driving trip, my husband says I am the best to help make the trip go quicker and more enjoyable.

My Questions from Stacia: 1. Do you have a verse that has helped you through many situations? What is it?




Yes, I have two. Jerimiah 29:11; "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord." (helps the worry-wort that I am) and Colossians 3:23; "Work as if working for the Lord and not for men." (In my work enviroment the "Construction Industry" can be pretty rough...this helps me have a steady reminder of who really rules my world.





2. Can you remember a childhood experience that you know shaped you?





Yes, I had a few. The one that sticks with me the most is I had stolen a pack of Orange Bubblicious Bubble Gum from our local small town store, Hoffman Drug. I showed my Mom and siblings proudly what I did after we made it all the way home. My lesson was learned for sure after having to give up my stolen good, but I felt the most awful disappointing my Mom.





3. When was the last time you cried?





Hey! Maybe I should put crying as a hobby! Too often. My husband has the best hugs and shoulder to cry on.





4. If you went back to high school as the person you are today, would you be friends with yourself?





I would be, but I think I would be a friend for the stronger influence for the better. I was a lot more shallower and worried too much what people thought of me.





5. What is your dream vacation spot?





I for some reason have dreamed of going to Ireland. Probably because I have no desire to learn another language.





6. What is your favorite cereal?





Cracklin' Oat Bran





7. Do you know how your parents picked out your name? Meaning...?





Yes, my Dad named me mostly. He found my first name in a book. He modified it to match to his liking. My Dad's name is Dean and my middle name is Deanne. I have double constanants in each of my name. Corren Deanne Coonts. Pretty cool, but kind of weird since my siblings have normal names: Jason, Nicole, & Matthew. The spelling of my name is the plural meaning: to run, in Spanish. The spelling Corrine; means maiden, or spear.





8. If you could change one thing about yesterday, what would it be? (something you did or didn't do -- not weather, etc.)





The usual, in my field for work, sometimes I wish I didn't care so much...other people don't seem to, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't.





9. Do you have a favorite color?





Purple, but I don't wear if very much...strange now that I think of it:)





10. Do you remember you dreams? Are they usually good or bad?





Yes I pretty much remember my dreams for short term only. They are usually always weird. But I have really cool abilities like knowing karate.





11. How often do you get a new purse? (i didn't tag any boys, so its okay to ask. ha!)





I get my Mom's Miche bag hand-me downs...so whenever Mom goes to the next party! Ha!

Questions from Tagger (Corren):


1. What is your most/least favorite trait or quirk about yourself? (It can be whatever...physical, personality)

2. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?

3. How many siblings do you have? And where do you fall in the mix?

4. What is your biggest fear? And has it changed throughout the years?

5. Who has been your friend the longest in your lifetime?

6. Where do you dream of retiring?

7. What is your most favorite hobby?

8. What is your favorite verse in the Bible that you try to live by?

9. What is your favorite game to play with friends? (It can be any...board, internet, Video)

10. What living person is your biggest role model?

11. If you were able to meet anyone alive/passed on, who would it be and why?


People I tagged:

1. Jacqueline Sikes

2. Emily Tandy

3. Tiffany Heron

4. Sharlene Keesee

5. Nicole Kollath

6. Lorie Coonts

7. Amy Davis

8. Hannah Henry

9. Glenda Reed

10. Mandy Thatcher

11. Rhonda Rankin

1 comment:

Stacia Hamidi said...

ha! Love the Miche bag comment and how interesting that you have never had a cavity! Dentists must love you back! :)