We have been introducing solid foods to Logan once he was 4 months old. He did great with the rice cereal and then we started him last week on sweet potatoes...(yuck, for me personally. The only sweet potatoe I will eat is sweet potatoe fries.) Well he started throwing them up projectile like and my first thought was...he doesn't like sweet potatoes either, j/k.
Nope, that was our warning that he was getting a bug. His appetite had backed off that week so I thought maybe I had just over fed him. Then the next morning Logan sounded raspy, conjested, and was burning up. I decided to take his temperature and it immediately shot up to 102.4. James was heading to Roosevelt, UT for work and had been on the road for 30 minutes when I called him and told him the status of Logan. Thank God for such a great man and husband I have... and being the wonderful father he is, turned around and came home to help with Logan and go to his Dr. Appt. with me.
So this may sound silly but I took my first sick day from work to be able to take care of my little man and give him Mommy's tender loving care. (I felt so grown up, do you ever feel like a kid raising a kid???) He has bounced back rather quickly, but now I think I am getting some sort of a cold. Which makes me appreciate my Mom a lot more...she must have had one impressive immune system. I don't remember her ever getting sick and especially after she had to take her sick days to take care of all of her own kiddos.
1 comment:
Hope you're both feeling better soon!!!!
Post a Comment